The Best Bluetooth Headset For Truckers: BlueParrott B250-XT
Whether you are a OTR (over the road) trucker or simply run a regional or even local route you will be spending a significant amount of time on the phone while you are driving. Setting up appointment times, calls to and from loved ones that miss you or you driver manager are a few of the many reasons that truck drivers spend so much time talking on their cell phones.
Having the best bluetooth headset for truckers significantly increases safety and driver comfort. As you already know the inside of a semi truck is very noisy, passing vehicles, high winds and CB chatter can make it difficult for you and others to have clear conversations while driving. This can be unsafe and also very frustrating for you and others trying to have a conversations with you.
BlueParrott B250-XT Roadwarrior
After being on the road for many years I had several different Bluetooth headsets that were made specifically for truckers. Some were OK but the Roadwarrior by BlueParrot was by far the best for a wide variety of reasons. In the diagram below you can see a quick overview of the best Bluetooth headset for truckers.
Why this is the best bluetooth headset for truckers
Below you will find detailed information on why this bluetooth headset works so well for truck drivers and others that work in noisy environments.
- Noise Canceling Microphone – Noise canceling is one of the most important features of any quality bluetooth headset for truckers. The microphone cancels or filters out ambient noise (95%) such as engine noise, wind and passing vehicles. In other words you will have no audible background noise during your conversation. BlueParrot has done an excellent job with their noise canceling feature.
- User Friendly – Pairing to any bluetooth phone is simple and fast. Some bluetooth devices have trouble pairing or you get the “device not found” message. This headset has a very strong Bluetooth signal and pairs easily. Volume can be adjust directly on the headset (no need to pick up your phone) in minor increments. The highest volume setting is very loud, great for those hard of hearing or around loud background noise.
- Comfort – You can easily wear this Bluetooth headset all day long. It is light in weight at about 5 and 1/2 ounces and comes with a sheep’s skin ear cushion (extremely soft). The boom on the microphone is also very flexible and will allow you to position it where you want it without sagging . You can also rotate it up and down.
- Secure and Functional – With 128 bit digital encryption you do not have to worry about some listening in or gaining access to your phone. The maximum range of the headset is up to 65, this is great if you are working outside the truck or are a flatbedder that has to tie down and tarp a load.
- Battery Life & Charging – You literally can talk for about 15 to 16 hours on a single charge will stay on standby for a week. You will get a 12 volt USB charger as well as a standard 110 volt USB charger for in home use or with a power converter. This headset can also be used while being charged.
- Voice Command Enabled – Simply press a button on your headset and say the name of the person you want to talk to, send a text or update Facebook.
NOTE: I also use this headset on my computer for skype and Dragon speech to text with excellent results!
The BlueParrott B250-XT Roadwarrior is hands down the best Bluetooth headset for truckers hands down. You will be amazed by the quality, function, sound quality and function that this headset will give you. It is a truly amazing headset and will make you a safer truck driver as well as making your life easier. This headset also includes an extra mic cover and an optional sheepskin ear rest cover.